Your interpretation of the Yin-Yang symbol on the website

forum post

Your interpretation of the Yin-Yang symbol on the website

Published on 05-15-2011

"Karen_Charleswo" - this is their first post.

Please forgive this 'out of the blue' contact, and I hope you'll be able to help me - but if not, no problem!

I'm a first-year acupuncture student, and I'm currently writing an assignment on the way in which the yin-yang paradigm has been integrated into Western acupuncture. I note that your website uses the yin-yang symbol in an interpretive way - the circle is divided into two using a form that could be a figure or a tree.

So I was wondering why you've chosen to represent the yin-yang symbol in this way? I wondered if you might be able to tell me a bit about your reasoning - maybe how it relates to the Yin Yang House philosophy, or how you feel it speaks to your membership/clients?

If you feel able to respond, I'd be very pleased to hear from you.

Thank you!

Karen

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "Karen_Charleswo"
on May 2011

Dear Chad,

That&#39s brilliant, and very helpful - thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my query. If I can ever help you out similarly, please just let me know.

All the best,

Karen

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on May 2011

Well I wish I could give some profound answer but really I chose it because I liked the way it looked. Certainly the idea was to integrate some aspect of community building into the symbol. I more or less had to stick with the yin yang symbol generally because I&#39ve had the business name for over 10 years now and don&#39t want to change it.

If you are interested in the work we did with the artist who built the logo - this thread - has all of our correspondance and other alternative graphic ideas.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics