Wrist numbness

forum post

Wrist numbness

Published on 03-31-2010

"ann_id" has authored 7 other posts.

Hello, i would like to ask you about my family's condition , my mother and her three sisters suffer from wrist numbness and feel electric discharges if they accidently hit it against an edged surface ,too of my aunts had under gone a surgery with no improvment , can any one help me

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Mar 2010

Well the most obvious question is have they tried acupuncture for the condition? Acupuncture is useful for a wide variety of pain conditions and regardless of the underlying issues it should respond to treatment. One probable cause is that they have ganglion cysts. Ganglion cysts are benign and can come and go and can cause this type of pain. Particularly if the pain comes and goes and is perhaps worse for days/weeks at a time with periods of remission. From a western perspective surgery is often an option. From a Chinese perspective acupuncture is useful as are certain massage techniques to stretch the neck and the tendons in the arm.

They should first get a western medical diagnosis and then if they prefer to try to avoid surgery (and who doesn't...) they should consult with an acupuncturist or if one is not available in the area perhaps a neuromuscular therapist (a type of massage therapy).

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics