Urgent Help: No blood circulation in the Legs

forum post

Urgent Help: No blood circulation in the Legs

Published on 10-21-2016

"anon539" - this is their first post.

Hi,
I got Hip Necrosis (which is caused due to lack of blood supply to hip bone). But still I was able to walk easily.

But 3 months ago, I got lungs infection and got lot of Anibiotics and Pain killers. Unfortunately, my body cannot tolerate any kind of Antibiotics and Pain killers from the childhood.

Result is this that Pain killers went into my Necrosis Problem.

At moment, I am totally in the Bed (for the last 3 weeks) while I have NO power in my legs. I can feel the blood is not flowing and there is a blockage. Sometimes I feel little blood flow through veins and it gives me llittle relief.
Pain becomes especially worse when I get even a little constipation.

Please help with this blood circulation. Please give the complete formula which I could order online immediately.

I could not visit any TCM doctor while I am totally bedridden at moment.

Please Help.

PS:

Due to lack of blood circulation, I have also got now Gout Problem and these gout attacks are not stopping. I have

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: st 36

Herbs: yan hu suo

Formulas: xiao chai hu tang wan, xue fu zhu yu wan

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Oct 2016

I’m sorry but with any set of conditions this complicated and inter-related you will need to see a practitioner. More than likely you will need western medicine initially. You would also do better with acupuncture than herbal medicine in my opinion.

Generally speaking a formula like xiao chai hu tang for the infection/immune issues would be a likely candidate or base. Possibly with a formula like xue fu zhu yu wan for blood stasis in Chinese Medicine terms. But you should not attempt to treat yourself - you can get much worse doing incorrect treatment and no one can properly treat something like this over the internet without knowing your entire medical history and even with that it is difficult without the benefits of physical observation.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon539"
on Oct 2016

I am really thankful to you Chad_Dupuis.

I am afraid, my situation is lot worse.

I am living in a remote village of Pakistan. Next big city is few hundred kilometers from here.
The biggest problem is this that I am 100% Bedridden for the last 4-5 weeks and not even able to sit.

So, there is absolutely no chance for me to see any Practitioner physically.

Secondly, there is a drug store in Karachi (biggest city of Pakistan), who also have Chinese HERS, but only FEW of them (which are famous).

Earlier when I contacted them, they told me that they need a complete formula (with exact measure of herbs in grams), otherwise they could not help me.

I am afraid that choices are limited for me.

At end, it seems that we need:
(1) Names of individual Herbs
(2) How much grams of them have to be used.

We may start with small dosage or mild herbs.

What else could be done? Perhaps image of my Tongue?

I am feeling myself so helpless.

top Login/Comment

on Oct 2016

Unfortunately I cannot safely offer you much more advice than I have. The herbalist would be able to make those formulas - they are completely standard formulas. If you follow the links it shows the ingredients and any Chinese herbalist will know the appropriate grams to use. Again, however, I can only guess at what you would need from your description. If they mix herbs they should be able to help you at least partially with some recommendations and hopefully they would have the ability to ask you more detailed questions about your health history to ensure that is the right path.

All of the grams below would be modified for granule use, but again, any Chinese herbalist you mixed their own formulas would know what to do.

Xiao Chai Hu Tang in raw tea is generally formulated as follows (making 3 cups for one day) - this would be modified for granules taken over a longer period:
Chai Hu 24g
Huang Qin 9g
Ban Xia 24g
Sheng Jiang 9g
Ren Shen 9g
Zhi Gan Cao 9g
Da Zao 12 pieces

Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan:
Tao Ren 12g
Hong Hua 9g
Dang Gui 9g
Chuan Xiong 4.5g
Chi Shao 6g
Niu Xi 9g
Chai Hu 3g
Jie Geng 4.5g
Zhi Ke 6g
Sheng Di Huang 9g
Gan Cao 3g

Instead of Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan you could also do Yan Hu Suo Tang
Yan Hu Suo 45g
Pu Huang 15g
Chi Shao 15g
Dang Gui 15g
Guan Gui 15g
Jiang Huang 90g
Ru Xiang 90g
Mo Yao 90g
Mu Xiang 90g
Zhi Gan Cao 7.5g

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon539"
on Oct 2016

Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, the people at drug store are total non-professionals and they have no knowledge. They dont have all the herbs which are used in these formulas. They have offered me only these herbs:

(1) Salvia miltiorrhiza (Chinesiched Name: 丹参 danshen)

(2) Angelica sinensis/ Tang Kui (Chinesiche Name: 当归 danggui)

(3) Astragalus (Chinesiche Name: 黄芪 huangqi)

(4) SAFLORBLÜTEN/ Carthamus (Chinesiche Name: 红花 honghua)

(5) Ginseng

(6) Rhemannia 地黃

They have also told me one more drug store in 2nd biggest city of Pakistan who have more herbs, but they also do it as side business (i.e… real business is normal allopathic medicines). I have written to them too, but I am not hopeful that I will get positive response from them.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon539"
on Oct 2016

I have also got a reply from the 2nd drug store. They have offered my following finished Formula instead of xiao chai hu tang, and they have written that it consists of following herbs:
(1) Chuan xin lian (Andrograhis paniculata)
(2) Ban lan gen (Isatis Indigotica)
(3) Pu gong ying (Taraxacum Monolicum)
They said it is for all types of bacterial infections and C Reactive Protein.

And for blood they wrote I have to use Danshen 1 gram daily.

Now what would be the best way to use these “available” herbs?

top Login/Comment

on Oct 2016

If all you have access to is that, what the 2nd herb store has is probably the best. They will be able to tell you dosage because it depends on how it was made (granules, pills, raw tea, etc.). And, yes, that formula is for a range of infections, urinary tract infections, various swellings, etc.

You would probably take that for a few weeks or longer to ensure you have cleared your infections, then you would focus on building your strength back up and working on the circulation which the dan shen can be useful for. Moxabustion at st 36 may be helpful as well.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon1685"
on Oct 2016

Hi.zaidi,
Asalamualikum.
Dr.Sohail Rana Hyderabad sind
can contact me

regards

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon1685"
on Oct 2016

Professor Anisuddin Bhutti
Head of Orthopedic department Jinnah hospital Karachi
I have referred such cases .It is emergency. Please contact him soon.

regards

top Login/Comment

comment by "Sandra_John"
on Dec 2016

Sorry t hear you have so much trouble Hasnain. I am not a fully qualified herbalist so you should take this on consideration only. I just want to say that I had a client once who had so little circulation in her legs that they were purple and the skin was peeling off in great strips from her feet. We used Xue Fue Zhu Yu Tang with very good success. After about 6 weeks her legs were red/pink not purple, pain was greatly reduced and the skin on her feet was almost completely healed. Threre was no infection. Her problem was related to heart function and obesity. However, it seems to me that if you took the anti-infection herbs you were offered such as Pu Gong and Isatis together with salvia and/or Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang you must see improvement. I don’t see how moving the blood could make anyone worse that has poor circulation. Also you should know that you can buy TCM herbs over the internet. There is also a thing you can do. This if from Mantak Chia’s the Healing Tao system. Find your navel pulse 1 inch to the left and 1 inch above the navel (maybe slightly different you have to feel for it) at the same time find the pulse in your groin and hold until you fell the two pulses synchronize (just enough pressure to feel the pulses - not much). Do the same behind the knee and in the inner ankle, then start again at the armpit inner elbow, wrist, groin,behind the knee and ankle. Do the same on the right. There are light pulses at all these points. If you don’t feel them just hold the position for 20 seconds or so. Do it frequently and you will begin to feel the pulses. It might not seem as if you are doing much but it will certainly helpt to normalize the flow of blood through your body… Also you must use your mind / intention as you work and breath naturally (connecting to Spirit and asking for healing is also very helpful if you are comfortable with that idea). NB usually we start with the armpit and just go down. In your case I suggest starting at the groin initially because this is where the block seems to be. Sending you healing wishes, Namaste Sandra

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics