Ulcerative Colitis

forum post

Ulcerative Colitis

Published on 02-11-2008

"anon65496" has authored 4 other posts.

Hi Chad

I'm currently treating a patient for chronic Ulcerative Colitis. He's very irritable, nervous, has diarrea 4 to 5 times a day , it's semi liquid. He has a burning sensation when going to the toilet. He has temporal head aches. He has great appetite, a big preference for cold drinks. That's all for the symptomes. All other parts of diagnosis checked without more signs.

Tongue: large, wet, pale

Pulse: deep, thin, slow

Most of the symptoms show signs of heat, and excess of yang. Why is it that it doesn't match with the pulse and tongue ?

My treatment was:

St 25, St 37, Kd 3, Ht 7, Pc 6, Liv 3, Sp 6

If I had followed the tongue, I would've added: St36, Cv 12, Cv 6, Ub 23 ( Spleen Qi Deficiency )

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: cv 6, st 10, st 25, st 37

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "anon65496"
on Feb 2008

Chad,

Would like to thank you for always dedicating yourself to this forum, for the precious help.

Have a nice day,

Tiburon

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2008

The tongue and pulse do not always match the symptoms and it's up to each individual practitioner based on their training what they will do with that information. Usually you have to rate some of the symptoms as root or secondary and by doing so you will often get a closer match up. Otherwise your points seem fine.

I treat colitis by focusing on the huatuo of T2 for the thymus gland (immune system), the left huatuo of T12 (transverse colon), and the huatuo's of L1 and L2. In addition ST 10, ST 37, CV 6, and ST 25 are most often used as well as other points for specific symptoms/tcm diagnosis.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics