Treatment for Gastroparesis

forum post

Treatment for Gastroparesis

Published on 12-23-2020

"Maheyah" is a complemementary medicine provider who lives in Norway and has authored 3 other posts.

Hi
Thank you very much for your help so far. I don’t have much confidence in official medicine and I always look for answers first in TMC for every health problem in the family and among friends and acquaintances.
I am seventy years old and have been suffering from countless digestion problems for years. I have not consented to invasive diagnostic methods and have no diagnosis other than IBS into which doctors push all possible symptoms.
I am a kinesiologist and in my research I focus on manipulating energy through the meridians in addition to testing. Please advice in treating gastroperesis with acupuncture and herbal. Morning sickness is a big problem and weight loss among other symptoms, such as enormous bloating, painful gas, shortness of breath, food intolerance …mood swings, panic.
I will be grateful if you guide me in further research and understanding of this disease.

all the best
Sarah

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: irritable bowel syndrome (ibs)

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• tinnitus and meniere's - 12-31-2021
  • Pulmonary hypertension - 12-31-2021
  • Stomach problems - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Dec 2020

You will be best served by finding an acupuncturist in your area who also practices Chinese herbal medicine and working with them for at least 3 months. There is no treatment for “x” symptoms/issues in Chinese Medicine. What Chinese Medicine is concerned with is your diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms (essentially the western medical diagnosis/issue is functionally useless information) - see “treating the cause vs. the symptoms” for more on that.

As an example you can see on our IBS treatment page that there are 7 possible Chinese Medicine diagnoses (and these are just the main ones that I’ve had time to put in). Your treatment is based off of that diagnosis (again, not your symptoms) - so until you have a very clear diagnosis from a practitioner no one can really guide what possible formulas or acupuncture points to utilize as they will all be derived from that. Taking our acupuncture for abdominal pain treatment guide as another example, there are 8 possible underlying TCM diagnostic patterns (again these are just what are listed in that one document). The job of the practitioner is to listen to your entire medical history, perform diagnostic procedures such as tongue diagnosis, pulse diagnosis, possibly abdominal diagnosis, etc. ask relevant questions, start you on a treatment path, and then adjust as the responses to that treatment path dictate. It is a moving art/science, not a fixed entity like western medication is.

What you are describing is a fairly common set of issues and generally responds quite well to properly tailored treatment. So I would suggest you find someone in your area and work closely with them for a few months. If you are working with someone and they seem stuck, have them reach out to us and then we can discuss possible solutions with more technical terms.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics