Tooth Infection

forum post

Tooth Infection

Published on 12-22-2019

"anon10759" - this is their first post.

Currently using Chuan Xin Lian Wan for tooth infection. Seems to be the only thing to relieve pain. Was advised to use Xio Yao Wan by someone other than my acupuncturist. A different acupuncturist. Advised Xio Yao Wan was needed to “get Chuan Xin Lian” moving. I do not know what that means. Cannot find information between the two. Still have tooth infection. Please advise. Thank you.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Dec 2019

To start, have you seen a dentist? In other words, is this just a one off infection or something more consistent/chronic in nature?

In short, oral TCM formulas may very well help with the broader infection, but you will usually need oral/topical herbs to really get somewhere. What you would use would depend greatly on a number of internal factors and medical history factors, so it is impossible to generalize. I also find herbs along with properly tailored acupuncture are the most effective for chronic/recurring cases. If you have a fully licensed practitioner near you who also practices with raw Chinese herbs then you should consult directly with them. If you don’t, honestly, unless this is something very chronic I would simply go to a dentist and get it resolved.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon88926" (acupuncturist)
on May 2020

Kyolic garlic is a supplement that works amazingly for toothache and infection. I realize this is not a Chinese herb but when any of my patients have a toothache I always recommend it because it gives results within an hour or 2
Everyone I have suggested to take it has said it worked— I use it myself. Not saying that anyone should or should not go to a dentist- just saying it will cut out the infection and a toothache until you can get to a dentist- if that is what you eventually need- I’ve been using it for myself for over 30 years— I am an acupuncturist and herbalist and I realize this is not a Chinese medicine supplement but I never miss a chance to tell anyone about this because it really does work

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics