Tongue diagnosis

forum post

Tongue diagnosis

Published on 07-29-2008

"cranton" - this is their first post.

Hello, I have become very interested in your articles about TCM and tongue diagnosis article, and would like to ask your opinion about mine. I am attaching a photo in a link.

It’s not stiff, very flexble, not sticky or greasy. The coating is rooted. Overall, the tongue is quite moist, even a bit wet.

Thank you.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/kifera/Tg2.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/kifera/Tg.jpg

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "cranton"
on Jul 2008

Thank you very much for your reply.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jul 2008

Your tongue looks fairly healthy, the only things that stand out are the teethmarks on the edge (SP Qi Deficiency), possibly the crack in the ST/SP area although that is not very pronounced and the wetness (which I cannot see from the picture - and that sounds mild as well). All together, the tongue shows some spleen qi deficiency, possibly yang deficiency. This can be from over eating, poor sleep, not enough movement, recovering from an illness - just about anything that weakens the body.

It is important to note, however, that you never take an individual sign such as the tongue as the only indicator for imbalance. Properly done, the diagnosis would involve the tongue, pulse, palpatory diagnosis, and your other signs and symptoms.

top Login/Comment

comment by "archived-user"
on Nov 2009

at the online, I see your tongue is purple red, center crack and teeth mark. purple red tongue most mean body heat or blood circle not good, central crack ( there is a line in the middle of your tongue) mean body heat ( fire elements) off your water elements to make a crack. teeth mark means your spleen deficiency, because heat is yang energy, so your body maybe is kind of yin deficiency( must diagonsis with your pulse and see your face).

Thank you!

Feng Mei

top Login/Comment

comment by "HANITA_HALLAK"
on Aug 2010

I WENT TO A CHINESE MASSAGE AND WAS DIAGNOSED AS "HEART HEAT" BY LOOKING AT MY TONGUE. COULD YOU SUBMIT ME WITH MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS CONDITION. THANKS, HANITA

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Aug 2010

In the future if you are not commenting on the original post, please start a new post. To learn about tongue diagnosis, read the tongue diagnosis section. Heat in the heart will show up as a red tip.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics