Thyroidism and alternative medicine therapies

forum post

Thyroidism and alternative medicine therapies

Published on 03-05-2008

"charleskerr111" - this is their first post.

I'm writing a paper on the types of thyroidism, and am wondering what are the options of alternative medicine that I could use other than western medicine.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "andy_reed"
on Mar 2008

see research articles under http://www.ryandrum.com/ for info on bladderwrack sea alga Fucus sp.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Mar 2008

The full range of thyroid conditions are treated within Chinese Medicine (acupuncture and herbal medicine). From my understanding, Chinese Medicine offers the most comprehensive approach to treatment of these conditions within the "alternative" medicine realm. A large part of the reasoning is that there are dietary influences, lifestyle influences, and physical organ functioning issues involved. Acupuncture and proper guidance can be used to remedy all of these issues and generally the results are very good. Other supplements may only work part of the way (so herbs alone, or other western oriented supplements) as they may not address the physical functioning as well as the acupuncture can.

top Login/Comment

comment by "andy_reed"
on May 2008

Posted this originally because very few folks know fucus contains T4, which makes it a huge help to hypothyroid patients, and is safer than Armour, which has acetone remnants.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics