Stye (sore on the eyelid)

forum post

Stye (sore on the eyelid)

Published on 06-17-2013

"anon160120" has authored 2 other posts.

Hi

I would like to try acupucture to a friend of mine that has a stye problem (sore eyelid), so far I can only find that GB 1 helps. Any other suggestions?

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jun 2013

Styes are infections of the eyelid, so usually regular application of hot water compresses helps more than anything. They will usually clear up rather quickly.

From a TCM perspective, styes are generally related to ST/SP damp heat, so as with any condition in Chinese Medicine treating the root and not the symptoms is applicable. Particularly if this is a common occurence, I would only treat the persons overall diagnosis with a few local points for local inflammation along with having them do hot compresses and all should be well.

top Login/Comment

comment by "liteiceberg"
on Jun 2013

I love topical Ju Hua or a chamomlie tea bag topically on them. Works really well and quickly. If you can add lian qiao that can help too.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon160120"
on Jun 2013

Good morning!

thank you both!

I tried using the hot water/chamomile last week but that only made the stye larger for 1-2 days.Is that normal?

I used the 1 GB location,but with no change there besides an increase of it the next day, for 1 day.

She also has many allergies so I m currently working on that ,using the Four Constitutional Acupuncture method (four needle technique).Has anyone ever tried that method before?

As of next week,i ll go back to the stye problem and work on the st/sp as per yor suggestion.

thanks again!!

top Login/Comment

comment by "nhyton"
on Jun 2013

yintang is great to clear Heat from the eyes. I use it all the time for allergy eyes that are red and burning.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics