Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure - discussion (2019-08-28 02:50:29am)

forum post

Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure - discussion (2019-08-28 02:50:29am)

Published on 08-29-2019

"jamoses1972" - this is their first post.

Related Post @ Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure - Acupuncture - Research | Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Blog - Yin Yang House

Hello,

I am confused about some information in this article. You mention that in some cases there was a decrease in FSH and LH levels? I thought these Hormones were vital for Menstruation? Is it seen as a negative result from this study that FSH and LH were decreased?

Thanks,

Bianca

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Aug 2019

I would suggest you read the entire study here, as that will more than likely answer your question in detail.

The general answer is those levels are relative to each other and need to be within range. In women with premature ovarian failure (also known as premature menopause) FSH and LH are often high, so lowering them to functionally non-menopausal levels is one aspect of the overall goal of the treatment. So in the context of this study it was exactly what they wanted to happen.

top Login/Comment

comment by "jamoses1972"
on Sep 2019

Hi Chad,

Thank you for the link and for the explanation. I am coming from a Hypothelamic Amenorrhea diagnosis, with which the symptoms include low FSH and LH so I got confused. They are very different conditions. Do you have much experience with Hypothelamic Amenorrea and Acupuncture/ Chinese Medicine?

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics