Shiuko cream formula

Published on 09-24-2008

"totos" has authored 1 other post.

I want to know the shiuko cream for the japonese moxa for made 50 g de cream

thanks a lot

javier

This post has the following associations:

Herbs: dang gui

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Sep 2008

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll answer what I think you are asking and if I'm incorrect, please ask again more precisely. First, the cream you are writing about is "Shiunko". It is a burn cream often used with Japanese moxibustion techniques.

If you are asking how to make your own, the levels of the ingredients vary from product to product so you will have to experiment. The main ingredients are: Sesame Oil, Beeswax, Dang Gui (Angelica Sinensis), and Zi Gen (Radix Lithospermum).

If you are asking where to purchase the cream, there are a number of outlets - if you search in google for "Shiunko" you will find them.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon187139"
on Mar 2010

Heat up 500 ml (2 cups) of unroasted sesame oil in a heavy pot. Add in a half pound of grated beeswax and 1 oz (about 2 TBSP) clean lard. When just melted and at a gentle bubble, add in 3 oz of dang gui and cook until the herb turns a golden brown. Strain out and add 3 oz of zi cao gen (lithospermum) and cook until the oil turns a deep purple. Remove the herbs with a strainer, then pour into a bowl through cheesecloth. Stir with a silicon spatula until it reaches a creamy consistency. Add 1/4 tsp vitamin E to preserve it. Spoon into containers.

<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy"/><input type="hidden" onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy"/>
<div id="refHTML"> </div>
<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy"/><input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();"/>
<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy"/><input type="hidden" onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy"/>
<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy"></input><input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();"/>

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics