Schamburg's pigmented purpura

forum post

Schamburg's pigmented purpura

Published on 06-27-2014

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

I have a client diagnosed with Schamburg's pigmented purpura- an itchy reddish rash on her ankles brought on by vigorous walking. She is blood deficient. I am treating her for arthritis and sleep issues. She just told me about the Schamburg's. I am thinking deficient kidney yin and yang causing deficient liver yin causing deficient heart blood. She has always bruised easily! So that is deficient spleen. Progress in her treatment is being made using western and eastern herbs but I'm thinking that there is a great Chinese formula that will address this with some tweaking. Any thoughts? I'm thinking Rehmannia 6 with addition of some specific arthrits/inflammation herbs.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Jun 2014

When you say "I am treating her for arthritis and sleep issues" - what are you doing in exact terms. Along those lines, when you say "Progress in her treatment is being made using western and eastern herbs" - what progress in exact terms has been made and over what time period through what methods?

For the shamburgs, it will depend on the diagnosis overall which the answers to those above will help formulate. But bloodletting can be useful particularly around KD 6 if there is deficient heat signs. A japanese style practitioner is generally better versed in those techniques than others.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics