Scents in Building/Classroom with Qigong

forum post

Scents in Building/Classroom with Qigong

Published on 11-14-2016

"anon60664" has authored 1 other post.

Qigong class available for me to attend is full of synthetic scents, very strong in the air, perfumes/laundry products… I can taste it in my mouth and throat when I attend. The qigong people are not responsive to using more natural products when I asked them to. I think it is worse for my health to attend, and I am never able to retain anything, any forms we did in the strongly synthetically scented class. So I would think my ability is better off without that kind of qigong? Or would you say following along to qigong even if the scents are so strong I taste it in my mouth afterward, still helps with needling? Or depends on the individual probably? Or always it would not? Thank you.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Nov 2016

If you are sensitive to the environment then you probably shouldn’t attend - just use common sense. That said, as you get stronger internally, you will very likely not be bothered unless it is just truly overwhelming. I would suggest you start with just standing meditation - start at 10 minutes a day and work your way up to 25 minutes. Do that for 6 months daily, ideally, and then attend again and see if you are still as bothered.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics