Rosacea

forum post

Rosacea

Published on 03-25-2014

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

Hello,

For few years now I have been suffering with rosacea. It only ever effects my nose with edema, papules, pustules. My nose becomes so red and swollen that it looks like severe sunburn. Western medicine that I use is antibiotics but the effectiveness is decreasing. Is there any formulas or herbs that would control the flare ups as I dont really want to keep using antibiotics for long term.

Kind Regards

Kristina

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: rosacea

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Mar 2014

There are many and acupuncture with or without herbal medicine can be extremely helpful as well. But proper treatment requires proper diagnosis (see What Does Acupuncture Treat?) - for an explanation of the basis of treating the causes vs. the symptoms in Chinese Medicine. Our rosacea page has one formula listed, but that shouldn&#39t be construed to be the one for you just that it is somewhat commonly used (which in short means that what it is "really" for, that is the tcm diagnosis, is one of the more common diagnoses that may involve rosacea).

I would strongly suggest you consult directly with a fully trained acupuncturist who also practices Chinese herbal medicine in your area. They should be able to help you. With proper treatment you can go a long way further in many cases than just dealing with flare-ups, you can go into a more permanent remission with proper treatment - so it&#39s worth the effort in doing it correctly.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics