Rheumatoid arthritis

forum post

Rheumatoid arthritis

Published on 04-28-2012

"Ranstla" - this is their first post.

Hello. I am a 45 year old woman and was recently diagnosed with RA. I also have neuropathy in my right foot with associated ligament damage (PT said it was extremely loose), numbness, foot drop, and my ankle rolls out. I'm being treated by a rheumatologist and am taking metho, folic acid, and prednisone (7.5 mg/day and am trying to step down). I have 2 main questions - what is your experience with the success of acupuncture helping RA (pain, joint/tissue damage, vasculitis, neuropathy, etc.), and is acupuncture the best method for these issues or do you suggest a combination, such as acupuncture and massage, etc.?

Thank you!

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "archived-user"
on Apr 2012

RA syndromes are morning joint numbness, joint swell pain, joint shape changed, hospital check "RF"++. In TCM, it is because of damp heat, damp cold, blood stasis or Qi and Blood deficiency cause phlegm stagnation block joints meridians, the mainly treatment proposal is clear phlegm, active Qi and blood circulation, sooth meridians, acupuncture can help it.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon71867"
on May 2012

In addition to consulting with an acupuncturist/Tuina practitioner I suggest you get a copy of Donna Eden&#39s book "Energy Medicine". In general, for autoimmune conditions you want to balance Triple Warmer and Spleen meridians. Together they operate the immune system. Triple Warmer gets over-reactive when there is too much stress, and when this happens Spleen is depleted and the immune system is overwhelmed and less effective. You also want to do the exercises for homolateral repatterning and unscrambling energy, all of which are described in her book. Grounding your energy is very important, as nothing works well if you are "out of body."

As well, I have written many articles posted on this website that give detailed instruction for some of these exercises. You can do a search on this site for "judith poole" to find articles that are of interest to you.

I have been applying these and other energy based techniques myself to successfully treat the autoimmune condition "Crohn&#39s disease", of which I now have no remaining trace. In my practice I find it very common that there is some kind of trauma in the background of people who develop autoimmune conditions. In my practice I see evidence daily of the relationship between thoughts, emotions, past traumas, and current conditions, especially in those diagnosed with so-called "chronic" and "autoimmune" issues. These complex issues have causes and effects on multiple levels - spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical - all of which can be approached with gentle energetic interventions.

if you wish, I would be happy to consult with you by telephone. If you&#39re interested you can send a message to me through this website. All best healing wishes.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on May 2012

We have excellent results with RA and I would highly recommend you seek treatment. Personally we use a combination of acupuncture, tuina (chinese medical massage) and occasionally herbal medicine, cupping and/or bloodletting. I do think the tuina part of the treatments is crucial but that is my own bias based on the system of acupuncture I use and the responses I&#39ve seen clinically. If you cannot find an acupuncturist in your area who does tuina as well, you could combine the treatments with a massage therapist - ideally one who is more medically oriented than a "spa" style treatment.

top Login/Comment

comment by "shivas_viji"
on Jun 2012

IN MY PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE

ST36 MAXA

K2 STRONG STIMULATION

EX POINT HEDING AND NEIXIYAN GIVES VERY BEST RESULT

top Login/Comment

comment by "beenu"
on Jun 2012

Massaging both wrist joints for 3-5 minutes, 2-3 times a day helps to provide relief not only in RA but in many other problems of the system automatically.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics