Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb G+

Re: how to treat cataract in eyes

to: yyh_staff,

Can i ask some acupuncture points for treating a cataract in eyes? I already used the points of LV3,LI4,ST36, taiyang, LI11.. Can you add some points?

From a TCM perspective you would have to provide other signs and symptoms and a clear TCM diagnosis for appropriate point recommendations to be made. The points you have listed are fine so long as the diagnosis is related to qi stagnation/deficiency and not something like yin deficiency.

In the Tam Healing system we use massage and/or needling at the following points largely to effect the nerves which innervate the eyes. Points such as the huatuo of C3, yintang, SI 16, and LI 18.

From a more TCM side you may consider points such as:
ST 2, UB 1 or UB 2, GB 1, and/or GB 14.

You may want to read my section on eye and vision problems for more ideas.

DO THESE POINTS REALLY REMOVE CATARACT, SO PATIENTS CAN GET TRANSPARENT LENSES? HOW OFTEN AND HOW LONG DO WE NEAD TO TREAT?

How often and how long treatment is needed will depend greatly on the case, their TCM diagnosis, and your own personal style of treatment. Generally you should see a change within 1-2 months of treatment, so in the case of 1x/week - approximately 8 treatments.

Ask A Question Start A Discussion
Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb G+
Copyright 2000-2018 Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management by the Yin Yang House Media Services Group