Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb G+

Questions about the Master Tung System

I just startet learning the master tung system two weeks ago and already
had a few amazing results, painfree IN SECONDS. i love it. i still have
many question:

besides the sima points, what are good tung points for skin problems like itching, eczema, dermatosis psoriases etc?
if there is a skin problem in a specific region can i use points that treat pain in that region?
i am still searching for good tung points to treat stress, anxiety, sleeping problems and that kind of stuff, any ideas?
yesterday i had a patient that completely refused needles. i tried acupressure
(the indicated tung points were sensitive and maybe caused some relief
but not full relieve, maybe i did not stimulate enough). what do you
think about acupressure or moxa on tung points?
thanks

I would be surprised if there were catch-all points for any given condition. In TCM you don’t treat eczema for example, you treat the cause (usually damp-heat) and you choose points according. There is no eczema point. I could be wrong but I would assume the same concept applies within the Tung system.

Also just a point that the Tung style is effectively it’s own system. From what little of it I do know there are differences in meridians, zang organs, and some of the diagnostic theory. That being said, I wouldn’t personally be comfortable using points from that system without understanding the theory and application of why I would be using those points in the first place. Hope that helps.

you´re half wrong, half right. on the one hand each tung point has a number of certain indications that it treats, symptoms, conditions and in many cases you don´t need to know the relatet meridian/organ. you just chose one of the points that has the right indication and it works just fine. that´s what makes this system so easy to use. there is a reason why they are also called “dongs magic points”.
on the other hand in some cases (usually the more difficult ones) you need to know the related meridian/organ to chose the right points.

in general knowing the root can help you to chose more effective tung points, but in many cases it isn´t even necessary.

the problem is that certain conditions, like skin or emotional issues are underrepresented in the indications. some say it´s because tung wasn´t frequently seeing these kind of conditions in the area he was working. my hope is that some doctors figuered out tung points that work for these conditions, i´m sure the points exist and work perfectly, in many cases even not knowing the root.

For eczema (and many other skin conditions as well as asthma, etc.) in Master Tung’s system one option is the “four horses” points on the thighs bilaterally - 88.17, 88.18, and 88.19 - found using GB 31 as the reference point. May also be used with points that clear wind-heat such as LU 7 and/or LI 11.

For all the rest of your questions, I would start with something like “The Best of Master Tung’s Acupuncture: A Clinical Guide”.

Ask A Question Start A Discussion
Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb G+
Copyright 2000-2018 Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management by the Yin Yang House Media Services Group