Point memorization techniques - acupuncture students

forum post

Point memorization techniques - acupuncture students

Published on 02-22-2019

"anon113011" - this is their first post.

What methods do you use to memorize point indications, locations and functions? Thanks.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2019

I think it really depends on your learning style (i.e. visual, physical, verbal, etc.). I’m fairly visual but memorize well by typing, so for me I memorized the points by creating the pages that would become the early versions of this website.

For others that wouldn’t work at all and they would need to work in groups and physically palpate the points over and over and have discussions about them.

For others just they can record themselves reading their index cards and just walk around with headphones on and burn them into your brain.

I think the place to start is to figure out how you learn/memorize best (i.e. your base) and then just find a way to make this information fit well into those mechanisms. Otherwise you will be fighting yourself and that’s not what the balance sought by practitioners of Chinese Medicine is all about (i.e. treat the root, not the symptoms and work with the body/nature and not against it).

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon219571"
on Mar 2019

I’d used Quizlet a lot! And it worked. Just train with it every day and you will memorize it. It also helps when you just learn the special point groups first. Then the actions become more logic, and hou have less learning to do. Almost every jing well has the action “restores conciseness” and so on…

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics