PLEASE HELP! Chronoacupuncture Accident after Self-Treatment

forum post

PLEASE HELP! Chronoacupuncture Accident after Self-Treatment

Published on 08-25-2014

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

I have been too embarassed to seek help after a major problem I have dealt with following months of self-experimentation with chronoacupuncture, which took place between May and November 2013. But I have decided to come forward as I cannot bear with my symptoms any longer and must acknowledge my ignorance and lack of judgement as the first step to a hopeful recovery.

Here's my story:

I began using acupuncture needles in February 2013 and continued to do so in the subsequent months after a very positive response. While I realized that the number of times I was needling myself was probably excessive (6-7 times a week), I did not put much importance to this, as I enjoyed that sensation that the needles gave me, which could be described as untying knots inside the body.

In May 2013, I downloaded a chronoacupuncture android app called 'Acurythym' to my tablet and began working on the Na Zi Fa (Mother-Child) points listed there. I loved what I was experiencing and began working with these points nearly 3-4 times a week. I worked primarily with the points listed for daytime hours, as they are easily accessible . The points I primarily worked with are the following:

Hour Mother-Child

11-1PM LU9-LI2 (By far the combination I most often used)

1-3PM LI11-ST45

3-5PM ST41-SP5

5-7PM SP2-H7

7-9PM HT9-SI8

(I barely did any other point combinations other than those listed above)

Everything seemed fine until September 2013, when I decided to perform this idiotic experiment of walking with needles, particularly with the combos that work with the upper limbs (LU9-LI2) and (HT9-SI8). I either walked at night or in places where there were no people to avoid being noticed. I did this for a few days because I liked the feelings that motion brought to me at first while being needled. I did this several times during a two week period.

And then, disaster ensued.

In early October 2013, I began experiencing massive distortions of consciousness, particularly feelings of dissociation. I also felt as if a vertical imaginary line was now bissecting the last right quarter of my head and body. My proprioception, that is, the mental image of my own body, has shifted to the following:

http://www.dropviewer.com/g/1727

The locus of my consciousness felt as if it was glued to my hand, while at other times I felt as if my body were inside a gigantic hand. On ocassion, I could even feel my consciousness within the pleural cavity of my right lung, although this has not happened very often. My breathing has become shallow and at times feel like my lungs are going to explode. I can barely focus on anything.

I tried using the point combos I mentioned before, hoping I could get out of this situation, yet this time the response was very different. The needles made me sick within 15 minutes, particularly the LU9-LI2 combo, which was the one I used most often. Regular acupuncture points alleviated some of the symptoms temporarily, but they were not as effective as they were at the beggining. I practically stopped using needles in Nov 2013, as I did not want to continue harming myself.

The symptoms continue to this day, without any noticeable improvement. I admit that I was extremely reckless with my body and really regret delving into this practice without any training or guidance. I don't know if the damage i've done to my body is reversible, but I'm hoping someone can provide me with some advice as far as how to deal with this problem. Thank you for your time.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "MaNoSe" (acupuncturist)
    on Aug 2014

Hi,

This clearly shows acupuncture being a really effective treatment (like we didn&#39t know before).

Ive heard of similar cases regarding excessive malpracticed qigong. I would guess that qi is running chaotically. My advice is seeking help from an experienced acupuncturist! They would know what to do. This is not something you should try fixing yourself. The practitioner need to evaluate every aspect to balance your energetic system.

Good luck!

top Login/Comment

comment by "Standonhisword"
    on Aug 2014

Overstimulation can be very uncomfortable.

Biofeedback therapy can assist to restore balance to the mind, body, and spirit. It works energetically to measure and treat the client response to frequencies for vitamin levels, amino acids, nutrients, food substances, minerals, enzymes, sugar, toxins, hormone levels, brain waves, muscles tone, disease, bacteria, molds, fungi and viruses, etc... providing an accurate and precise picture of the general status

The SCIO is designed to correct the manifestation of stress and/or electro-stress patterns within the individual at the physiological level. The device works on the theory that stress disrupts the inherent

electromagnetic frequencies at which the body’s cells resonate and that by returning these frequencies to their natural state, the stress and any subsequent illness that occurred, or may be occurring because of this disruption may be reduced.

Once in harmony, you can enjoy your acupuncture sessions again.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Aug 2014

As the other poster indicated this is a symptom of running fire as is common with qigong, meditation and possible with acupuncture. You can search the forums for my previous responses which are all essentially the same. They boil down to two things - one, if you can find a high level acupuncturist who also practices qigong/taichi (for more than 15 years) then see them and let them help you. In the absence of that stop -all- treatment of -any- kind for at least 6 months. Do small amounts of seated meditation with easy regular breathing on the order of 10-15 minutes 1-2/x day. If you are capable, light jogging 20 minutes 4-5 out of 7 days/week or at least brisk walking for 30 minutes.

Think of your qi like a thunderstorm, moving fast and dropping stuff all over, you need to just simply let it calm down on it&#39s own. Treatments from anyone who is not experienced with this will likely make the situation worse (and that, of course, goes for self treatment).

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics