Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb G+

Peripheral neuropathy

Hi, What would be the best acupuncture points to treat a patient that has peripheral neuropathy of hands and feet due to a chemotherapy treatment of a multiple myelome with velcade .

Thanks

(Sorry I am french so maybe this is not clear...)

As always start with the patients diagnosis and treat accordingly from that adding in local points for localized qi and blood stagnation. In our system we would use the following points for multiple myeloma in addition to those for their underlying diagnosis overall:

Huatuo of T1, T2, T3 (bone marrow, thymus gland, and lung/lymph respectively).

Huatuo of T7 (any blood related problems)

Huatuo of T9 on the R side (liver)

The probably localized points like ST 36, UB 60, UB 62, SP 3 for the condition overall and the neuropathy.

I&#39m a shiatsu practitioner and have successfully treated fibromyalgia - I imagine the same approach would help with peripheral neuropathy. In my case a hara diagnosis revelaled an imbalance in WOOD. I found treating GB21 and LIV3 helpful as well as "pushing the spine" laterally using gentle but firm finger pressure. Working the Yu points on BL spine especially BL18, BL19, BL23 and BL25 - the client expressed a relief in pain for the first time in 7 years

Ask A Question Start A Discussion
Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb G+
Copyright 2000-2018 Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management by the Yin Yang House Media Services Group