Ovarian mass/tumour

forum post

Ovarian mass/tumour

Published on 02-18-2014

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

I am looking for an advice. I have a large ovarian tumour (10x12x13cm), 98% benign, which has internal enhancements, some of them with calcifications, and the space in between the enancements is filled with fluid. Except for bloating I do not have any other symptoms (heavy bleeding, pain, etc), my blood results are all ok (though there is lower liver/kidney function), and I have regular period. I have been doing detoxification and have been trying to support liver/kidney function.
Doctors advise me to have the mass sugically removed, saying that while acupuncture may work well with smaller cysts, these big masses do not shrink on their own. As a person who likes to go for natural treatments first, I am reluctant to commit to a surgery (yet) but I know next to nothing about acupuncture, herbs and/or essences and whether they can help me dissolve the mass I have. I am thus seeking adivce from experienced healers about what to do. Thank you.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Feb 2014

Ovarian cysts and the causes from a Chinese Medicine perspective are well treated with both acupuncture and herbal medicine. Proper treatment, however, requires proper diagnosis and this is not something you can get online - see "What Does Acupuncture Treat?" for more on diagnoses in Chinese Medicine. You should find someone locally who practices both acupuncture and herbal medicine and give it 3-6 months.

Your doctors are somewhat correct in that surgery can be much quicker for larger tumors and this is a fine option in many cases. Larger tumors will respond with Chinese Medicine, however, they can be more difficult depending on the person and their individual signs and symptoms. Surgery, however, doesn&#39t address any of the hormonal factors contributing to the growths, so you would still want to seek proper treatment even if you went the quick route and did surgery.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics