Opening a Rolfing practice in Chattanooga?

forum post

Opening a Rolfing practice in Chattanooga?

Published on 10-27-2016

"anon52330" - this is their first post.

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask this question, but thought maybe I'd start here and then could possibly be directed to other resources for opinions/info. I'm looking for opinions/advice about potentially starting a Rolfing practice in Chattanooga. I've been a Certified Rolfer living in Boulder, CO for the past 7yrs, but recently have been thinking about moving to Chattanooga. I visited there in Sept for a few days and really enjoyed the town and environment. It appears to have all of what I'm looking for in terms of outdoor activities, active culture and seems to moving in a vey nice progressive/open minded direction in terms health consciousness, arts, music and etc, without completely loosing it's southern identity. However, I was only there for 4 days, so obviously that's not a sufficient amount of time to learn and understand everything about the city and culture. Ok, sorry for rambling a bit. My question is in terms of cultural acceptance of alternative health in a town like Chattanooga? Rolfing is not a commonly know alternative modality, outside of Boulder. The Rolf Institute is here in Boulder and there's still people here that don't know what it even is or are concerned about trying it, so it makes me wonder how open people in that area are to trying other alternatives to western medicine? Is Acupuncture or other alternative modalities sought after or becoming more commonly accepted by the culture there? Obviously, if I moved there and opened a practice, I'd expect that I'd have to work hard at it, educate people on what Rolfing is and it's benefits and fully expect it'd take some time for people to become familiar with the process of Rolfing, but just looking for opinions from other alternative medicine practitioners on whether they feel it could be a successful situation in time. Appreciate any feedback, opinions, or etc. And I apologize if this was not the correct platform for this type of subject. I've been watching this forum for a few months now and have appreciated a lot of the dialogue that's been happening on it. All the best. Cheers- Scott

Comments / Discussions:

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics