Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb G+

Night sweats all year

I know one thing I definitely have is night sweats. All year long. And I get hot spells too. Does that say many things or only a few certain things?

In and of itself it says nothing. For many people that would be a sign of kidney yin deficiency, but there are many other ways to get nightsweats than that pattern.

If you look through our nightsweats treatment options page, near the bottom where -possible- formulas are listed you will see below their name and general uses their functional category and subcategory - so for a few you see “tonify the yin”, but you also see “tonify qi”, “clear heat”, “calm the spirit”, etc. - so any of those (and more) are possibilities.

Generally you never take one symptom and use that to form any kind of conclusion - you take the entire range of everything, past and present and use that to form a working idea of how the symptoms came to be.

Yes. I certainly appreciate your help Chad. I hear that you will be starting a private session of some type online soon. It sounds very good. My first instinct was to think, “Heat. Well if I am hot. There must be heat somewhere.” Perhaps not so fast. I am beginning to see that there are several ways to approach these things. :slight_smile: But there is heat and then there’s fire. As in stomach fire. I don’t believe they are the same.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Ask A Question Start A Discussion
Copyright 2000-2018 Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management by the Yin Yang House Media Services Group