Nasal/Sinus Polyps Treatment

forum post

Nasal/Sinus Polyps Treatment

Published on 01-03-2019

"anon247963" has authored 1 other post.

Hello,

My husband has severe nasal/sinus polyps with occasional coughing attacks. He was supposed to have surgery but opted out of this as we learned they would have to operate close to the brain and that they polyps will most likely come back.

We want to get to the root of the problem. Has anyone had success or heard of treatment using Chinese herbs and Accupunture?

Thank you!
Julianna

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jan 2019

There are a few previous discussions on the site already regarding this topic. This previous reply gives some details - Nasal polyp

In short, yes, it is absolutely critical to resolve the deepest underlying factors involved with the development of polyps and this is something that Chinese Medicine can help with. Resolving polyps that are there already is not impossible, but is difficult and at times surgery may be warranted.

Generally you are correct in that there is extremely high levels of recurrence, so either way you end of having to deal with the deeper problems. While these will vary from person to person, certainly within Chinese Medicine viewpoints, they involve the immune system and the digestive systems (generally what we call the lung and the spleen systems - see “my lungs are what” and “my spleen is what” for general information).

Generally speaking you are looking at 2-5 months of treatment initially and then possibly more after that depending on underlying health issues, etc. So you would want to allow for at least 8-15 visits before you will likely be able to see an affect on the polyps themselves.

In this case study the patient had had 4 previous surgeries but the polyps kept returning, with acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine he hadn’t had a recurrence in many years and many related symptoms were improved.

My experiences clinically have been similar to the above presented case with many of our patients going decades after treatment and never again seeing a recurrence.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon247963"
on Jan 2019

Thank you so much, this is incredibly helpful. My husband just went to a TCM doctor and will start herbs soon and we’ll find an Accupunturist as soon as possible. I appreciate you taking the time to write this and I’ll check out the links you provided.

Kindly,
Julianna

top Login/Comment

comment by "efc-35"
on Dec 2022

Hi Juliana, can you share, which herbs did you use? And whicn accu points you applied?

I also had nasal polyps for decades, got 2 surgery operations, but recured again. I tried LI 19, LI 20, UB3, UB4, UB7 combinations, it immediatly stopped, but following 2 days after, I had great headaches. Then nasal blockage reccured also.

Thanks in advance for advice..

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics