I am very new to acupuncture and Moxibustion. Would be grateful if you could answer the following questions. ( Note: I am just a regular guy, aged 30 - not a medical practitioner). The below questions are with reference to indirect moxa - without skin contact.
- Can I do moxibustion when i’m sick (ie. fever, stomach ache, cough, cold, e.t.c)?
- Can I do moxibustion for pain in any part of the body?
- Any there any forbiden points for moxibustion?
- Can I do moxibustion at night before sleeping?
- Can I do moxibustion daily? or what is the maximum number of times I can do moxibustion per week? (as a general tonic, or as therapy)
- Are there any forbidden times when you are not supposed to do moxibustion?
- Can I do moxibustion immediately after a shower?
- Can i do moxibustion, alongwith homoepathic treatment?
- Is there any online course to learn moxibustion - for a layman / beginner?
- How can I tell if my moxa stick is pure mugwort or mixed? Is there any specific Moxa brand?
- Does it make a difference if I use a cigar moxa roll or the small sticky ones?
- What are the kind of effects can I expect after a moxa session?
- Can I try moxa for my aged parents?
Would be extremely grateful if you could answer these questions, as I have not found any website / blog addressing these.
Thanking you in advance.