Moxa related questions

forum post

Moxa related questions

Published on 08-28-2018

"anon87428" has authored 13 other posts.

Does anybody do anything after treating a client with moxibustion? Or is it good to let the pink spot(s) glow after the treatment?

Another question: what happens if you treat a “jitsu” (full) point with moxa? Let’s say LI4. One side is “empty” (kyo) and the other side seems full. Is it best to only treat the “empty” side?

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Aug 2018

Generally, no, you don’t touch the area after moxibustion as part of what happens with moxibustion is the oils from the smoke entering the body through the open pores - so any other manipulation, creams, etc. is likely to disturb that.

As far as empty/full there would be no hard and fast rules there. While generally, you would tonify (i.e. use moxa) on an empty point - there are also many situations where dispersing an excess point would be called for - possibly to even out imbalances between sides. If you are unsure, it is likely best to stay towards the empty side, then watch the patient from treatment to treatment before considering dispersing.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon87428"
on Aug 2018

Very informative thank you.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon150315"
on Sep 2018

thanks a lot Chad for your answers and thanks Yinspire for asking beforehand. Chad, i was wondering if you don’t mind me asking you some questions as well? thanks. lately been thinking to get some supps for life as i heard some people saying they could be really helpful.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon219571"
on Sep 2018

The only thing I do after moxa treatment is telling the patiënt to stay out of wind with that area and let It cover by clothes. Because of the pores that are open, they easier catch wind or epf if you don’t cover it.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics