Morton's neuroma

forum post

Morton's neuroma

Published on 09-28-2007

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

Submitted By: pi

What points would you suggest for someone with Morton's neuroma of the foot?
"Morton's neuroma is an enlarged nerve that usually occurs in the third interspace, which is between the third and fourth toes. The symptom is localized pain in that area. Problems often develop in this area because part of the lateral plantar nerve combines with part of the medial plantar nerve here. When the two nerves combine, they are typically larger in diameter than those going to the other toes. Also, the nerve lies in subcutaneous tissue, just above the fat pad of the foot, close to an artery and vein. The reason the nerve enlarges has not been determined."

Thanks!

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "Kelli"
    on Oct 2007

Hi there,

I actually have treated this before somewhat successfully. The points are not the most confortable for the patient, but they seemed to be effective. Kd1 & Kd2 e-stim. Yes, ouch, but it worked in relieving the pain. Let me know if you try it and if it was as successful for you!

Kelli

top Login/Comment

comment by "archived-user"
    on Oct 2007

Kelli, your treatment was only to relieve the pain or does it actually also helped reducing the size of the enlarged nerve?

Thank you!
    Blade~

top Login/Comment

comment by "TAWNA_WHITFORD"
    on Sep 2010

For myself, I went to the doctor for a year regarding my neuroma with no relief. In fact their constant experiments for a cure made the pain worse! I was in so much pain that I stopped going to the doctors for help. I just so happened to own a pair of Birkenstock shoes that I started to wear and noticed that the pain got less and less. I could barely walk a few blocks at first without pain now after a year I am able to strap on my hiking boots and walk 6 plus miles. After hiking I put my birks back on and let my foot rest and life is good again. All my shoes are now Birks. I get them cheap and new off ebay often times for under $30 bucks. I recommend trying this first for yourself before radical surgery depending on the severity of your neuroma.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Sep 2010

I couldn&#39t agree more with the birkenstocks. Not to push a particular brand or anything, but I regularly recommend birkenstocks for both morton&#39s neuroma and plantar fascitis. People still benefit tremendously from acupuncture to fully resolve the issues, but giving their feet more space to spread out and a sturdy surface upon which to stand does wonders.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics