Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)

forum post

Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)

Published on 11-20-2019

"anon138045" - this is their first post.

Hi there, I am suffering from Insomnia (Sleep Maintenance Insomnia) i.e., I can fall asleep between 9-10 pm, but will wake up between 1-3 am every night and then I cannot sleep and not in the mood next day. I am currently under acupuncture therapy (18- session) in California every day since 3 weeks ago. Not that much improvement. Each session lasts 20-30 minutes. Now, question: Is / are any acupoints for this kind of Sleep Maintenance Insomnia?
Thank you in advance.

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: insomnia

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Nov 2019

Insomnia is very commonly treated and generally resolves well with the correct combination of acupuncture treatment (general protocols) and, in most cases, properly prescribed Chinese herbal medicine.

A relevant study I discussed recently on our blog - “Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia

I could go into some details about how a practitioner might approach it, but I’ll start with the simple recommendation that you need to switch practitioners. No practitioner should be treating you daily, for anything but perhaps the most acute of injuries. While it is my opinion certainly, I see this as an incredible waste of your time and money and will very likely not yield results. While it can take some time to resolve insomnia you shouldn’t need treatment more than once a week for a few times and then very likely much less than that and within about 5 treatments, again with proper herbal combinations, you should see improvement.

So find another practitioner, ideally who also practices proper Chinese herbal medicine and doesn’t over treat and you should end up doing well.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics