Hello. I am currently seeing a TCM practitioner for some rather nasty chronic health issues. I’ve made impressive progress but recently I started experiencing some more acute problems that seem to be difficult to budge. I recognize that self-treatment and diagnosis is utterly impossible, but if advisable I thought I would perhaps try something to help with these more immediate problems and maybe even gain some information to report. The symptoms are as follows:
- anxiety (last night I had my first panic attack)
- insomnia (trouble going to sleep)
- uncomfortable tightness in my throat around the base of the neck
- reflux (no burning, but during the panic attack in particular I was burping and tasting stuff I ate a while ago)
- general feeling of being unable to relax
- Mood leaning towards irritation can be present as well, though it feels that the anxiety is the more “core” symptom.
A quirk of the anxiety in particular is that it seems to be worse at night, assuming I’m reading things correctly.
Next I suppose I’ll list my more chronic issues. Again, I’m not looking to even attempt to address these myself but thought I’d list them in the off case the information is relevant to the above problems.
- severe fatigue
- stomach problems (main symptom is epigastric pain that can be flaired by diverging from a strict diet. Worse at night. This used to be my #1 complaint but my current practitioner has helped tremendously)
- head problems: brainfog. Sense of mild distension in the head w/o headaches. Dizziness but not in the sense of vertigo but rather like feeling woozy or lightheaded. Makes physical exertion difficult. When severe I feel “detached”, as if I’m in a dream of sorts.
If a formula recommendation to try isn’t possible any general thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your thoughts and time!