Learning/studying acupuncture online

forum post

Learning/studying acupuncture online

Published on 02-10-2014

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

hi

my name is imo. i am currently based in the middle east (saudi arabia). i am interested in studying accupuncture online. could anyone direct me to a reputable online learning source.

with thanks

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Feb 2014

The study of acupuncture and Chinese Medicine is a very serious endeavor that should not be taken lightly. The first thing for you to check is the laws in your country. Many countries require anyone practicing acupuncture to be a fully licensed MD - others require various training, usually at a post-graduate level, and then licensure under appropriate health boards.

Generally speaking you cannot learn acupuncture online or at a distance. Much of the theory -could- probably be learned that way and my site is one of the more comprehensive resources out there, but the clinical portions cannot be learned online.

I would strongly suggest you find a practitioner in your area and speak with them about what is involved in both the legalities and in the practice of Chinese Medicine.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Shepard_Tiff"
    on Aug 2014

You should definitely do like Dr Dupuis says. This is not to take lightly as in the end you would work with live beings. You want to learn as much as possible both in theory and practice. You can search the web for theory but to actually learn you need to find real practicioner. Here are some links that may be helpful to research the subject:

Acupuncture is a technique developed by the ancient Chinese in which very thin needles are inserted through the skin at specific points of the body to relieve pain, cure disease, or provide anesthesia for surgery. The technique is one element of traditional Chinese medicine, which also includes herbal remedies, massage therapy, and a healthful diet. Acupuncture is practiced in the United States by both medical doctors and licensed practitioners, although its use by physicians is mostly limited to pain relief.

According to Chinese belief, lines or channels of energy cover the body and flow through it. The presence of illness or disease indicates that the flow of energy is blocked. Inserting fine needles at precise points along the channels removes the blockage, restoring the free flow of energy and allowing the internal organs to correct imbalances in their functioning.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics