iPhone Apps for tracking patients

forum post

iPhone Apps for tracking patients

Published on 06-19-2009

"AcuDude" - this is their first post.

I am seeing a lot of patients at their homes and was wondering if anyone knows of a good app for keeping patient's chart notes. Points, herbs, SOAP notes basically. Click on John Smith and you can see the treatments organized by date. An electronic filing cabinet basically.

I can't find anything good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "AcuDude"
on Jun 2009

Thanks.

Thats why I don't want an online database, but an App that only is on my phone and MAC.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jun 2009

I don't know of anything in particular. You've probably already done this, but if you search google you will get a few applications. More databases than patient information.

I would try searching google for "chiropractic iphone" or "soap iphone" and see what comes up. There are a few options and more for nurses, chirporactors, etc. than acupuncturists specifically.

If there are not an incredibly large number of patients you could probably store the patients files within google apps document section and access them and edit them with the phone. It would be a free solution but probably not as slick as it could be. If you give each patient a patient number you can store the soap notes in individual documents by number.

You do need to be careful, however, not to violate HIPPA rules regarding online access of files. So I would read them closely particularly if you are talking to an online database to access your patient files.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jun 2009

Here is one I ran across that seems like it would work. It still requires connectivity (not entirely standalone) but does it through secure connections.

MacPractice

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics