Indigestion

forum post

Indigestion

Published on 06-05-2013

"anon170843" has authored 3 other posts.

Hello. Is it okay to take Mu Xiang Shun Qi Wan if I take An Shen Bu Xin Wan for palpitations? For some reason, my indigestion has returned after being free of it for almost a year. My practitioner is wonderful and has given me so much relief with the palpitations and digestive issues. However, the indigestion has returned and my diet is healthier than ever. I quite smoking two years ago.

This post has the following associations:

Formulas: bao ji wan, jia wei xiao yao wan, shu gan wan

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jun 2013

You should really consult directly with your practitioner for questions of this nature as they are better versed with your underlying diagnosis. Technically there is nothing that would make those two formulas incompatible in the right case but using formulas for specific conditions (i.e. picking one because it says it is helpful for "x" condition) is a solid violation of how Chinese Medicine works - see "What Does Acupuncture Treat?" for more on western conditions/symptoms vs. Chinese Medicine patterns/root causes to understand more.

More than likely if you have a history of palpitations, anxiety and digestive issues something like Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan w/ Shu Gan Wan, or Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan, or even just Bao Ji Wan with Tian Wan Bu Xin Wan might be better. There are many options and only your practitioner or someone who has had the benefit of inspecting you physically can answer these questions.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics