How to lower/cure very high blood pressure without western medicine

forum post

How to lower/cure very high blood pressure without western medicine

Published on 12-11-2015

"Katalin_Toth" - this is their first post.

Hi everyone,

My partner has a very high blood pressure for over a couple of months now. She lowered it herself a little bit by changing her diet, then went back to a bad habit again so now it is up again and because it was dangerously up she needed to take action .

A couple of days ago she checked it again and it was 140/200. She started taking Twynsta with 2 components at doctors advise. But she really doesnt want to use western medicine this because several reason under which the side effects. Yesterday she checked my blood pressure again and it was 117/177, still high. + she experiences side effects which don’t make her feel pleasant.

I’ve been doing some research about chinese medicine and would really like if someone could advise me by own experience, or chinese medicinal experience what else she can do to lower it to a normal level again without the use of western chemicals.

I hope someone can help.

Thank you.

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: hypertension (high blood pressure)

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Dec 2015

Both acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine are used to help people resolve the underlying issues leading to hypertension. Diet and exercise is, of course, important. But even with proper dietary changes some people still have problems and Chinese Medicine can be useful in those cases.

To achieve the best results you would find an acupuncturist in your area (ideally one who also practices Chinese herbal medicine) and consult with them. This is because from a Chinese perspective there are many possible underlying diagnoses that can lead to hypertension and treatment is based on -your- causes, not just the fact that you have hypertension as is the case most often with western medicine. For more on that read, “What Does Acupuncture Treat?” - and for general hypertension diagnoses from a TCM perspective you can see our “acupuncture for hypertension” page or our general “hypertension treatment” options section which has some potentially applicable points, herbs and herbal formulas.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics