How to decide how many treatments should it take before results

forum post

How to decide how many treatments should it take before results

Published on 12-29-2013

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

Hi i was wandering how everyone decides how many treatments it will take before they should get results, For example do you have a set rule that for sciatica treatments itll take 5 treatments or what do you tell your patients, I usually state theylll need 3 treatments then review the complaint. They are also advised that i will usually adhere to the use of a herbal supplement to treatment as well.Thank you for your help.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Dec 2013

That&#39s a little hard to generalize about because it depends greatly on the nature of the case. For example, when we see patients with cancer or MS I will tell them weekly for 3-6 months or a year or more in some cases depending on a variety of factors.

For most pain cases and most generalized cases, however, I will stick with the 3-5 treatments once/week and then see how things progress. I&#39m a big fan of treating as little as humanely possible, so I like to get them off of weekly appointments as soon as I can. Many acute pain cases are resolved in 1-3 treatments and many chronic ones are at doing well enough within that 3-5 range to know what they will need in the future.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics