Herbs for recurring uterine polyps/fibroids?

forum post

Herbs for recurring uterine polyps/fibroids?

Published on 04-12-2012

"Treestar" - this is their first post.

What herbs help prevent polyps or fibroids from forming? So far what I've read says dampness and kidney yang deficiency. I won't be able to get to an herbalist for a few months so a general formula would be great.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "archived-user"
on Apr 2012

Prevent the polyps or fibroids, the best herb formula is Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan. But you need body check in hospital once a year at least. And you need health life style and diet style also. If you already have polyps or firoids, the best way is see a doctor.

top Login/Comment

comment by "T_Joosub"
on Apr 2012

Fibroids due to blood stasis and phlegm in uterus use guizhi, mu dan pi, Tao ren, chi shao, Fu ling.

top Login/Comment

comment by "lokkwan"
on Apr 2012

Yes, Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan is the flagship formula. For prevention, dietary and lifestyle adjustments would also be helpful. Avoid damp/phlegm producing, for example, spicy, greasy foods. Gravitate toward fresh fruits, vegetable, and grains. Incidentally, white rice can help leach out dampness and so would be a good addition as a staple.

A healthy emotional life is just as important. The root cause of polyps and fibroids may be unresolved emotional issues in which qi stagnation transforms into a physical mass. So coursing Liver qi is always helpful.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Amelia_Hirota"
on Jan 2013

You&#39ve already gotten some good herbal recommendations above. I would like to give you some diet recommendations. Fibroids and polyps are often due to estrogen dominance and cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbage and kale are fantastic for clearing estrogen dominance. I&#39d recommend eating 1-2 servings of cruciferous veggies daily. Good luck!

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics