Herbs for MS or demyelinating disorders?

forum post

Herbs for MS or demyelinating disorders?

Published on 10-24-2020

"anon28376" - this is their first post.

Hi,
I’m seeking herbal recommendations for MS as I’ve been waiting 4 months just to get scheduled to see a neurologist and pretty sure I’ll wait longer. Everything I’m prescribed affects me adversely and anticipate the same at Neuro.

Some details here;
43y/o male, I’m dealing with psuedobulbar affect, brain fog, random spasms and cramps, chronic fatigue, weakness in the limbs that prevent me from getting out of bed, motility issues in Sm intestine, etc.

I imagine more details may be needed to fill out the picture, so please ask. Thanks for reading and hope you all are having a great day.

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: multiple sclerosis (ms)

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Oct 2020

There is much you can do within Chinese Medicine for MS, so you are heading towards the right path. Chinese Medicine, however, garners most of its strength and overall effectiveness through a diagnostic system that fundamentally allows treatments tailored to each individual, rather than to “x” condition/issue (for more on this, please read “treating the cause vs. the symptoms”).

On our MS treatment options section you will see various acupuncture, tong ren and herbal formula options. These, however, are simply guideposts and would be tailored to you both now and over time (treatment is a moving art form so to speak, vs a static set of options as western medicine often is).

Ultimately you will do best, in my opinion, with regular acupuncture and tailored Chinese herbal medicine (i.e. not herbal medicine alone). For that you should consult with a practitioner locally who practices both acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine (not all do) and, ideally, who has experience with autoimmune disorders. You should expect regular treatments for at least a few months and then some aspect of regularity potentially for years after that.

Direct recommendations will not come from an online forum as the amount of personal detail is simply impossible to get at via forum posts. Further, as I already stated, you will do best with a combination of acupuncture and herbal medicine which will require direct and regular consultations with a practitioner.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon28376"
on Oct 2020

Sir, many thanks for the response, I know it puts you in a tough spot given the gravity of the situation. I was so quick to post my question soon after finding your website because the moments when my brain works are sporadic and/or brief. Following my post, I came back and read further and saw the recommendations to find someone local and I agree, that is best for my circumstances.

I’m still re-programming my brain from conventional medicine to alternative care/holistic. I’ve worked in conventional healthcare so long but it makes little sense compared to Holistic.

Thanks for the recommendations, but mostly for being there to help people in a time of critical need. Your reward will be great brother.
R/

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics