Herbs for high cholesterol

forum post

Herbs for high cholesterol

Published on 09-20-2011

"rae" has authored 2 other posts.

I have several patients with borderline high cholesterol 210s. I am thinking about powered Shan Zha 2 grams 2xday after meal. Is this strong enough?

Thank you,

Rae

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Toe Nail Fungus - 12-31-2021
  • Pregnant Women and Herbs - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "archived-user"
    on Sep 2011

Shan Zha nature is warm, only good for cold body, If the patient has stomach fire, liver fire or heat body should change other herbs, for example Jue Ming Zi.

top Login/Comment

comment by "laloubegue"
    on Sep 2011

What are the ingredients of Ku Ding Tea? That is very interesting.

Lalou

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Sep 2011

For mild to moderate cases of high cholesterol we often have them drink a glass or two a day of Ku Ding Tea. It has a great effect on lowering cholesterol with no significant systemic changes (i.e. being too warming, cooling, moving, etc.). It is a little bitter in taste, but nothing that has stopped people from drinking it. I find that patients will be more willing to drink this occasionally than stay on herbs daily, particularly in the more mild cases. The majority of the patients that I have recommended this to have their cholesterol under control within 3 months...

top Login/Comment

comment by "laloubegue"
    on Sep 2011

DR Tsao Zhong Chen from Taipei recommends Shan Zha 5 Gr and Gou Qi Zi 4 Gr boiled in 500 cc of water, and drink every day.

Thre is no mention of constitution, but it is intersesting

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics