Herbs for Gallbladder

forum post

Herbs for Gallbladder

Published on 02-09-2020

"anon45955" - this is their first post.

What are the differences of treatment with Wen Dan Wan vs. Xiao Chai Hu in treatment of gallbladder issues?

This post has the following associations:

Formulas: wen dan wan, xiao chai hu tang wan

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "anon53868"
on Feb 2020

As a gallbladder sufferer I used them both in the past. For me, personally-dan wan did not work at all, as It strongly (too) addresses emotional/mental gallbladder function. That was not my matter! Wherein Chai hu, another no no-it made me super hungry, and gave me all kind of acid issues. Big mistake!
Finally- Qing Dan Hua Shi worked! Regulated my gallbladder induced digestive issues and that alone positively influenced my emotional states…if any. Hope this helps.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2020

If you look at them on our theory site you will see that wen dan wan is from the clear heat and transform phlegm subcategory underneath the broader treat phlegm category and that xiao chai hu tang is from the regulate and harmonize the liver and spleen subcategory underneath the broader harmonize category. These categories are the primary tools from which to choose a given herbal prescription for a patient - and they are driven by their diagnosis. Essentially none of what goes into this is their symptoms/issues in western medical terms.

For each patient then, the formula/formulas are tailored directly to what their diagnosis is in Chinese Medicine terms and what you are trying to accomplish. In general terms this is discussed in our introductory “how to choose a formula” post on our blog.

top Login/Comment

comment by "julia843"
on Feb 2020

have you tried them so far? do you see any differences?
lately i’ve been on a diet and i also want to add some herbs as well.

top Login/Comment

comment by "julia843"
on Feb 2020

i did found some useful information but i still want to bump this thread and find out if someone got some help? thanks

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2020

These formulas have been used for literally hundreds (some of them thousands) of years. If they are correctly prescribed they are both clinically and in research terms effective. The trick, however, is that they must be -properly- prescribed, not chosen by symptoms or by another persons experience on the internet. I suggest you find a practitioner near you and work closely with them for 6-10 treatments.

top Login/Comment

comment by "julia843"
on Feb 2020

do you think that 6-10 treatments are required for a good start? i was hoping for something less rigid taking in consideration that my diet i’m following from various sources for the last 2 months is well done.

top Login/Comment

comment by "julia843"
on Feb 2020

update: i found a website offering (seemingly) good herbs for gallbladder. a combination of these with my diet should work fine according to my doc. if anyone interested will update later.

top Login/Comment

comment by "julia843"
on Jun 2020

someone can update? i am really interested in what you can add

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics