Hepatitis C

forum post

Hepatitis C

Published on 02-06-2010

"Quartz" - this is their first post.

I am a 26 year old looking to be healed through acupuncture.I have hepatitis C. Wtihin th last two years I have flared up with acne too.I always had "porceline-like" skin. Now my body seems to be showing this mostly on my face.It is "touchy" to everything and I instantly get rashes if the wrong product is used.I have to use dial and aloe as my toner and it works pretty welll. I have scaring that my body seems to hold onto on my cheeks.It is very pink. I believe I have had this since 2006. Please help me.

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: cv 13, gb 34, li 4, lv 3, st 11, st 21

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "Quartz"
on Feb 2010

I currently get routine points done, but i'd like to know which ones may be most effective for me.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2010

If you are seeking treatment from an acupuncturist, I would ask them these questions as they are more familiar with your case. I will offer, however, our points for Hepatitis C as this is a more complicated condition that we have a fair amount of experience with.

For Hepatitis C, we focus on our immune system points, huatuo of T1, T2, T3 (the bone marrow, thymus gland, and lung/lymph system respectively). Huatuo of T9 on the right side for the Liver. ST 21 on the right Side for the Liver/Middle Warmer, LV 3, GB 34, CV 13 and ST 11 (vagus nerve).

We use strong tuina, particularly in the ST 11 and huatuo areas, needling, and then more strong tuina. The acne, etc. is more than likely from a stagnant liver (your practitioner can tell you what your overall diagnosis is) - acupressure wise LV 3 and perhaps LI 4 would be good points to use on your own. This condition, however, requires treatment by a professional and may take months to years depending on the case to reach a point of resolution.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Quartz"
on Feb 2010

Thank you so much for your response! I looked over your power point concerning the matter and I have been in therapy for 2 1/2 months. I recently was recommended to take an herbal formula, and my back right shoulder broke out. I usually only break out there when I eat meats or hormone herbs.(Think Fenugreek) I read with my condition that it is normal to have flares begining treatment. I work out five days a week.(three days 90 min. and 2 days for 45-60 min.) I don't smoke cigs.I rarely drink. (About a half dozen all last year.) I also can't take vitamins or my cheeks and jawline break out terribly.

I currently have the flu, which I caught from my daughter and I took Aleve three times within three days.It makes me have cramps and I feel disconnected to my body on it. I usually only drink Noni juice or something, but I have a fever of 101.( An improvement from last years flu with 102.7)

I believe I will be healed. I know I will be healed. I just wish to start the natural recovery process, so that I may teach others and inspire others to do the same, without looking to the interferon meds. (I always hear of people going on the treatment and then their kidney's shut down within the next five years.I am not going to save my liver, only to trash my kidney.

I also broke out over the liver meridian(I think) on my lower back every time my body didn't agree with something, and now after treatment, this doesn't happen.I know I am getting better.

Thanks Again.

top Login/Comment

comment by "DaveG"
on Feb 2010

Hi Quartz,

In my experience as a patient, all acupunturists are not the same, so you might want to try some different ones. Chad isn't allowed to say that as a licensed acupunturist, but I am.

Also given the seriousness and variety of your issues and your interest in being proactive, I would suggest trying Tong Ren healing. Tong Ren is very simple and works for self treatment. I believe that Chad still does Tong Ren by phone. With an occassional treatment from him, you can take the points that he identifies in each session and self treat until the next session.

Chad and other Tong Ren healers have done a great deal to control Hep C in patients. The only one of your issues that I haven't worked on as a TR healer is Hep C.

As for anxiety, I treat a great deal of it using Tong Ren, and much of it is related to psychological issues, both simple and complex. So it might be helpful to talk to a psychologist to look for possible causes.

Tong Ren is a wonderful modility and everything that you need for self treatment costs less than one or two acupuncture sessions. Tong Ren is so simple, even a lawyer can do it.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

DaveG

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2010

I'm glad to hear you are responding well. You may find my introductory article to the liver system in Chinese Medicine interesting as it talks about the relationship between the liver and the eyes.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Quartz"
on Feb 2010

My eyes look so bright! I just started two medications your store sells and my eyes look like they did before the disease.

One thing I have noticed with my hep C. is the clarity of my eye color and the whites of my eyes are no longer as white as they once were.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics