Foods to Help Get Rid of Dampness

forum post

Foods to Help Get Rid of Dampness

Published on 10-04-2010

"lmalhotra" has authored 1 other post.

I just had a baby 9 weeks ago. I have been have a lot of digestion issues since I gave birth.

On my last treatment they found my stomach was very cold and used moxxa. I was also prescriped a decoction.

I do not drink ice water, but are there any other recommendations of foods to eat? or food to avoid?

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Green Tea? - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "archived-user"
    on Oct 2010

Are you stool? if you stool, take Shen Ling Bai Zhu San/Wan, if you abdomen cold and dampness, also can take Shen Ling Bai Zhu San/Wan.

top Login/Comment

on Oct 2010

It is a misunderstand, I think she already has a bady for 9 weeks, not pregnant 9 for weeks. There are some information unclear.

top Login/Comment

on Oct 2010

Even she got pregnant for 9 weeks, the Shen Ling Bai Zhu San/Wan is also no problem for the baby! because "Bai Zhu" is very good for baby&#39s safety(in TCM), she also take decoction, so why not the nature TCM herb medicine. recommand 3pill/2times/daily.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Oct 2010

Personally I avoid using herbal formulas when possible during nursing, which I assume you are doing? While they can be used during pregnancy, nursing, etc. we use them very cautiously and avoid them if they are not entirely necessary. If your symptoms are mild enough, acupuncture, moxabustion and some dietary change should be fine. Many women get these issues after giving birth as they lose blood and vital essence leaving their spleen and/or kidneys challenged for a short period of time.

For dampness you should find this article on TCM dietary therapy helpful. You can read generally about dampness on the page I linked to and the page before that you can read about foods which benefit the spleen/earth element generally.

For dampness the main thing is to avoid dairy, fatty and greasy foods and alcohol - but also irregular eating, eating too quicly, and eating complex meals or at late hours. If you have coldness as well going easy on raw foods and/or juices would be appropriate. Instead you want simple easy to digest meals (root vegetable soups are a good example) and possibly some drying spices such as cinnamon added to oatmeal perhaps for breakfast.

Moxibustion would also be appropriate which you can do on your own at own with a moxa roll (your acupuncturist should be able to give one to you).

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics