Electronic Acupoint Stimulation Pen

forum post

Electronic Acupoint Stimulation Pen

Published on 12-16-2012

"wh1" - this is their first post.

Hi,

Recently I purchased an Electronic Acupoint Stimulation Pen as I saw a lot of good reviews about it.

The pen is able to identify the location of acupuncture point in the body as it will generate different types of sound when the points is located.

I tried it on myself and I can feel the electric even at low intensity mode. However, I tried it on my Mum leg area, the pen couldn't detect the point. I even tried setting to high intensity mode but my Mum coulnd't feel anything while when I touch her leg, I can feel the electric.

I'm not sure what is the reason.

Questions:

Why my Mum's leg area couldn't feel the electric when I can feel it?

Can I still apply on my Mum's leg even though she does not feel the electric? But I'm not sure will it do any help indirectly?

How good is this type of electronic pen compared to classical and laser acupuncture?

Will there be any side effect?

Is there any good acunpunture tutorial that teaches what types of acupoints to apply for different symptoms? As the instruction manual provided is not comprehensive enough.

Any other feedback/comments about this product?

Hope to hear from you all soon :)

Thanks

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Dec 2012

Questions:

Why my Mum&#39s leg area couldn&#39t feel the electric when I can feel it?

-- Sensitivity will vary from person to person primarily with regards to the amount of adipose tissue in the area but there are other factors.

Can I still apply on my Mum&#39s leg even though she does not feel the electric? But I&#39m not sure will it do any help indirectly?

-- Yes, but see below for my general idea about point locators as treatment devices.

How good is this type of electronic pen compared to classical and laser acupuncture?

-- There is no comparison whatsoever in my opinion. While this can be argued from any number of viewpoints there is no comparison between acupuncture properly applied (i.e. with correct diagnosis and properly chosen treatment points) and single point therapies such as laser/electric/acupressure, etc. It is simply not the same nor as effective for the vast majority of health issues one could use Chinese Medicine for.

Will there be any side effect?

-- Most likely not.

Is there any good acunpunture tutorial that teaches what types of acupoints to apply for different symptoms? As the instruction manual provided is not comprehensive enough.

Any other feedback/comments about this product?

-- I would first have your mother get proper treatment from a qualified professional, then have them offer home treatments which could be acupen stimulation, acupressure, moxibustion, etc. that are appropriate for her individually. Chinese Medicine simply put cannot be overly simplified. This is why practitioners have so many years of schooling and clinical training.

top Login/Comment

comment by "wh1"
on Dec 2012

Thanks for taking the time to reply my question :)

top Login/Comment

comment by "mkpatham"
on Sep 2013

Hi

I am interested to buy Laser pen (Red & Blue) for needleless acupuncture treatment/ may anyone suggest the suitable and reliable Laser Acu Pens.

Regards

MK Patham

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics