Diagnostic Patterns are no longer summarised (since website changes)

forum post

Diagnostic Patterns are no longer summarised (since website changes)

Published on 05-08-2015

"jenda" - this is their first post.

Hi there,
This question is for the website administrators- I don’t know if I’m missing something but I can no longer find definitions and symptoms listed for diagnostic patterns. There is a section which lists associated patterns or conditions which may relate to a diagnosis (and further down the page there are points which can be used to treat the condition) but the actual description/definition/symptoms of the pattern in question seems to no longer exist. Are there any plans to make these available again? I am a student and these have been a valued resource.
Many thanks!

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on May 2015

One of the sections I wanted to really add much more depth to was the tcm diagnosis sections and I just haven’t had the time to finish this part out yet. The previous “full view” of the main five patterns (heart, kidney, etc.) are on our TCM theory site on this page (down under organ patterns). The summary views are not there but the full views are.

The plan is to build out all of the patterns in the tcm diagnoses section of the site to include many details about the treatment of each pattern. Right now it is largely unfinished as we have to go through every single acupuncture point, each herb, each formula, etc. and create those connections. When it is finished, however, I believe it will be quite useful.

top Login/Comment

comment by "jenda"
on May 2015

Hi Chad,Thank you for getting back to me! I appreciate that it will take some time to flesh out the diagnoses section given the detail and depth you are planning- so I will be patient and keep coming back to visit to check in. There is still so much on these sites which furthers my understanding of what we learn at school- so thank you!
I checked out the link to the main organ patterns you mentioned and the full view of the heart patterns was indeed accessible -however neither the summary (as you mentioned) nor the full views of the other yin organs nor the yang were present- all came up with the page 404 error.- Just an FYI.
Cheers,Jen

top Login/Comment

comment by "jenda"
on May 2015

Hi Chad,Thank you for getting back to me! I appreciate that it will take some time to flesh out the diagnoses section given the detail and depth you are planning- so I will be patient and keep coming back to visit to check in. There is still so much on these sites which furthers my understanding of what we learn at school- so thank you!
I checked out the link to the main organ patterns you mentioned and the full view of the heart patterns was indeed accessible -however neither the summary (as you mentioned) nor the full views of the other yin organs nor the yang were present- all came up with the page 404 error.- Just an FYI.
Cheers,Jen

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on May 2015

Just to let you know… as of today - all of the full views are back on the theory site. The summary views will probably be displayed in a different way so may not return in exactly that format.

TCM Theory
Heart Meridian Disharmonies
Kidney Meridian Disharmonies
Liver Meridian Disharmonies
Lung Meridian Disharmonies
Spleen Meridian Disharmonies
Stomach Meridian Disharmonies

top Login/Comment

comment by "jenda"
on May 2015

That is fantastic news! Thanks Chad- i look forward to checking them out-
jen