Dantian significance of location

forum post

Dantian significance of location

Published on 07-25-2011

"Frannas85" has authored 4 other posts.

Hi

Yinyanghouse.com is always the first site I explore if I'm looking for specific and reliable information. Unfortunately I couldn't find much info on the dantian from your site so I thought I would just ask again.

1) Are cv 4 and the lower dantian the exact same thing or are they distinguished from each other somehow? I couldn't help noticing how the cv 4 point is at the same level as the lower dantian and that the cv 4 point has many tonification functions.

2) Is the dantian's location somehow related to the center of gravity of a person? If the COG shifts would power from the dantian shift as well?

What I've thought of is this, that perhaps from conception onwards the cells of the human body grows around this center. Explaining it as our natural COG and maybe the significance of the acupoint. That it is like a metaphysical zygote of our body system.

I know, as Chad has told me before, pure theory can create a lot of problems in practice, so I apologize beforehand.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Tonification - 12-31-2021
  • External qi - 12-31-2021
  • Ways of using acupoints - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "archived-user"
    on Jul 2011

Actually Ren4 is inside lower Dantian area, I mean Dantian is not a point, it is an area. Datian deposit human being&#39s energy(Qi), Lower Dantian is one of human being&#39s very important energy center. In human bodys&#39 meridian system, I found human body all Yin & Yang meridians are met in Ren4 area, so that is why Ren4 has so many tonify functions. The body gravity center is a flexable place, it can be changed by move knees or turn body.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Jon_Fellman"
    on Jul 2011

The Lower Dantian is actually closer to CV6, although depending on where you are in the world it is possible that this location might slightly change. From, "Opening the Dragon Gate" the biography of Taoist Master Wang Liping:

" Earth has a central line, which is the equator; the human body also has a central line. Taoists divide the human body into three elixir producing segments, which are the upper, middle, and lower elixir fields ( Dantians) everyone talks about. People who do meditation execises generally know the lower elixer field is the lower abdomen, below the naval, but they cannot accurately determine the precise location. Taoist practitioners over the ages have also given many different explanations of this point. The conclusions at which Master Wang has arrived through his own personal experience in training ( he has practiced in different parts of the world and felt this), is that the exact location of the lower elixer field varies according to the geographical location of the individual. In Chinese people, it is between 1.2 -1.5 inches below the navel; in people who live nearer to the equator, the lower elixer field is closer to the navel; while in people who live further away from the equator, the lower elixer field is further from the navel".

top Login/Comment

comment by "Jon_Fellman"
    on Jul 2012

The Lower Dantian is actually closer to CV6, although depending on where you are in the world it is possible that this location might slightly change. From, "Opening the Dragon Gate" the biography of Taoist Master Wang Liping:

" Earth has a central line, which is the equator; the human body also has a central line. Taoists divide the human body into three elixir producing segments, which are the upper, middle, and lower elixir fields ( Dantians) everyone talks about. People who do meditation execises generally know the lower elixer field is the lower abdomen, below the naval, but they cannot accurately determine the precise location. Taoist practitioners over the ages have also given many different explanations of this point. The conclusions at which Master Wang has arrived through his own personal experience in training ( he has practiced in different parts of the world and felt this), is that the exact location of the lower elixer field varies according to the geographical location of the individual. In Chinese people, it is between 1.2 -1.5 inches below the navel; in people who live nearer to the equator, the lower elixer field is closer to the navel; while in people who live further away from the equator, the lower elixer field is further from the navel".

top Login/Comment

comment by "Walter_Cloud108"
    on Nov 2012

I might interject that the lower elixir field or lower burner

Is thriving on the Yin Yang energy flow originating at the knees, as a serpent climbs a poll.

And activating the lower burner or “(the original Tantian)” Besides the presence of the Chi lunging Vessel and gradual (vessels* which act as the meridian’s-stabilizing energy warehouses. The one, circular travailing vessel “the gradal Vessel” is also worthy of note;

From an acupuncture perspective pinpoint accuracy is obviously important and the research of the (tantians) stomach to diaphragm, chest to neck & Head-mind or 3erd.eye area are to be nurtured. (from bottom up!)”

So that’s it’ that my say’ points are important&#39 but so are all three burners, 3 Chi s.

worm hands with friction and place fingers pointed in opposite directions on knees’ repeat this process of rubbing hands lightly and briefly together placing them on or near the body from knees to tantians is a good start.

Use Chi ball w/hands and dousing (rotating hands in smooth circles)-right to install or build energies) and circle left to draw- out or diminish cool excess energies. Ok good luck I&#39d say

be expancive Energetically as well as precise.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics