Dancing Needle

forum post

Dancing Needle

Published on 02-17-2010

"CC1" has authored 11 other posts.

Im enquiring as to what this is?

Lately iv been light needling rather than forceful insertion. Im slowly inserting needles and if found im getting a much heavier and more noticable arrival of qi for both myself and especially the patient. Whereas before i used to drive the needle much deeper, now i get this big arrival of qi sometimes at half the usual depth. Whilst experiencing my needle dancing also. Once in, i come back to check the needles, and realise that more times than not the needle is actually visibly vibrating and "dancing" in the point. Iv noticed it alot at the likes of GB34. Before id drive the needle deeper.....less of a qi sensation, and NEVER seen a needle dance. This has been on a few different patients.

Is this "Dance" Qi? or is it simply blood vessels passing?

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Feb 2010

I'm fairly certain that is just the blood vessel moving the needle. As you use a more shallow insertion you are more likely in certain areas to be near the blood vessels.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Sehorfjc"
on Feb 2010

If the needle is moving in a more rhythmical fashion, I equate it to a blood vessel.

If it's vibrating in a less consistent or rhythmical way, I consider it to be the qi moving the needle.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics