Concern about Garlic

forum post

Concern about Garlic

Published on 03-06-2013

"I_Danne" has authored 17 other posts.

My spouse was prescribed by his family physician to supplement with garlic nearly every day as a cardiovascular health tonic (he is fairly healthy although had bordering high LDL cholesteral levels & heart disease runs in his family). The problem is that creates a lot of heat in his stomach and causes headaches (forehead) that last the whole day. He is very prone to phlegm symptoms anyway and I don't think this is helping. Could he perhaps substitute something else for the garlic?

Thank you.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Mar 2013

There are many things he can do but the main problem with these generalized approaches of individual herbs/supplements is that they are not catered to the individual the way properly prescribed Chinese Herbal Medicine formulas would be. While garlic -can- be useful in some cases it is just one part of a problem overall and may, as you are finding, cause other issues by itself. The best idea would be for your husband to see a full trained and licensed professional, get a precise diagnosis from a Chinese perspective and then use acupuncture, qi gong, foods and herbal formulas, as appropriate, to resolve his health issues and health propensities in a systemic way.

top Login/Comment

comment by "I_Danne"
on Mar 2013

Thanks Chad. I have had no luck at all getting him to see someone. I see a acupuncturist regularly, but he feels it isn&#39t for him. lol. Think he is stopping the garlic for a time now anyway. I just thought that perhaps this is something that you saw frequently, but I certainly get the "not one blanket cure for all western diagnoses" point you are speaking of.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics