Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss

forum post

Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss

Published on 01-18-2017

"StephenS" is an acupuncturist and has authored 4 other posts.

Chinese medicine, including acupuncture, herbal, and food therapy, can help with several aspects that are important to successful weight loss. Acupuncture will not melt off fat and in many cases will have little to no effect if other factors, particularly…

Continue Reading at https://blog.yinyanghouse.com/herbal-medicine/chinese-medicine-and-weight-loss

Discuss or leave your comments about this article below…

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "anon74940"
on Aug 2017

“While exercise has basically no role in weight loss (according to multiple studies and my own personal and clinical experience)”

Hi I really like this point of view on weight loss, I was wondering if you’d be able to provide some of the studies that say that exercise has no role in weight loss?

From what I’ve learned, it helps with the “calories in vs calories out” equation, helps with stress which decreases production of cortisol, etc. I know you said that you still recommend it, but I’m just curious to see the studies or abstracts to see how they came to these findings and why.

top Login/Comment

comment by "StephenS" (acupuncturist)
on Aug 2017

So this study, this study, and this study is a start. Also I wouldn’t place that much emphasis, if any at all, on calories. As a simple explanation someone eating 1200 calories of leafy greens a day vs someone eating 1200 calories of candy bars are going to have vastly different long term effects on weight. I cannot over emphasize the importance of the quality of food and how calories are only a small part of the larger picture.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics