Cancer - alleviation of chemotherapy side effects

forum post

Cancer - alleviation of chemotherapy side effects

Published on 04-20-2011

"Dina Ruth" is an acupuncturist who lives in Israel - this is their first post.

Alleviation of Chemotherapy Side Effects

hello!

i have a cancer patient that is 60 years old , female, was diagnosed with colon cancer, went through surgery and is now going through chemotherapy , but is suffering from very debilitating nausea...

my question is: if during chemotherapy - while the intent is to suppress the immune system- how can i treat the nausea without intensifying the cancer?

i have given her one treatment so far. pc6, gb34, k3.

is it a good idea to use points on spleen meridian? large intestine meridian? cv?

also she has a very bad metal-like taste in her mouth .and must warm all her food before eating. even if the food is at room temperature.

i would be grateful for your thoughts on this subject

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "archived-user"
on Apr 2011

For nausea the basic points: (Ren12), St36, Pc6, Ub21, for colon stagnation by the chemotherapy you can add: (St25), Lv3,Ub20.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Dina Ruth" (acupuncturist)
on Apr 2011

thank you.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Dina Ruth" (acupuncturist)
on Apr 2011

comment by "sarkisov77"
on Apr 2011

Don't use too many points. Be more specific, you can use P6 in combination with ST36 no strong stimulation.

top Login/Comment

comment by "janv"
on May 2011

I don&#39t think in colon cancer the chemo therapy is to suppress the immune system but to slow down the the fast regrowth of cancer cells as compared to normal cells. the immune system gets caught in the chemotherapy effect because it has a fast replicating time than other normal cells. You actually need the normal immune system cells to fight off the cancer cells.

I think supporting the immune system will benefit the patient.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics