Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb

Bells palsy herbs

What is your recommendation for herbs to treat bells palsy?

Laura Knutson

0 Likes

You would never offer herbs for any western condition/symptom - rather the underlying diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms also taking into account whether this is an acute issue, chronic, recurring, etc. For more on that see “how to choose a formula” and “treating the cause vs. the symptoms”.

Our bell’s palsy treatment section has some of the more common underlying Chinese Medicine diagnoses and some possibly relevant formulas.

Personally for most cases I find properly tailored acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine to be the most effective, acupuncture alone to be second best, and just herbs to be the least effective of the three options.

0 Likes

It’s an acute issue. It occurred 8 weeks ago and have been under acupuncture treatment for two weeks with no change. Complete paralysis of the left side of the face.

Laura Knutson

0 Likes

If you are seeing a practitioner, the person most familiar with your underlying diagnostic factors would be them, so I would ask. If they are confused by your case, I would suggest that they write in themselves so they can discuss their approach in detail and we may then be able to offer more direct recommendations/guidance.

0 Likes

Ask A Question Start A Discussion
Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb
Copyright 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management by the Yin Yang House Media Services Group