Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb G+

Ban Xia Hou Pu Wan


Can you give this to a 12 year old boy (115lbs) to help with anxiety and irritability. He is on concerta for ADHD and Zoloft for anxiety … still not cutting it. Thought I would try something else


If his underlying diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms fits, then yes certainly ban xia hou pu wan would be appropriate - see “how to choose a formula” for more on that. There are many diagnoses in Chinese Medicine, however, that can technically be called “anxiety/irritability” - so you choose the formula based on his TCM diagnosis, not the end result/symptoms/conditions.

Certainly what he has is very commonly treated and resolved with both acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine - I suggest you see a licensed practitioner in your area and give them 2-5 months to get him in a much better place.

Ask A Question Start A Discussion
Main Blog Theory Forum Store Clinic Tw Fb G+
Copyright 2000-2018 Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management by the Yin Yang House Media Services Group