Acupuncture for Osteoarthritis

forum post

Acupuncture for Osteoarthritis

Published on 04-16-2012

"kiki" - this is their first post.

Hey...
My name is Rizki, I from Indonesian

Actualy I don't understand why acupuncture can relieve pain and improve function in patients with osteoarthritis, and what the mechanism of acupuncture in the body that can make it?

Thanks

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Apr 2012

In the most general terms possible it is because it reduces inflammation and increases circulation. There is, however, a lot more in biochemical terms that happens but I&#39m not certain that is the type of answer you want to read. If it is, I suggest you go to pubmed.gov and search for "acupuncture AND arthritis" and read some of the clinical studies that contain the technical details.

top Login/Comment

comment by "kiki"
on Apr 2012

It&#39s really help

Thanks

But i have more question

do you have any particular recommendations for points that are indicated to treat knee osteoarthritis?

top Login/Comment

comment by "archived-user"
on Apr 2012

Different diagnosis, different pattern with different treatment protocol, it should be include a lot of things, keep going on your study, you will learn it in your school :)

top Login/Comment

comment by "archived-user"
on Apr 2012

OA symptoms may include joint pain, tenderness, stiffness, locking, and sometimes an effusion. In TCM, there are 4 kinds of OA: wind arthritis, cold arthritis, damp arthritis and heat arthritis. So the treatment proposal are dispel wind, active blood circle warm up joint, clear dampness and sedate heat. And there are 4 certainly treatment protocols for those arthritis.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics